Psychotherapy for individuals, Couples and Families
Therapy in Motion
Therapy in Motion is a program provided by Dr. Bantugan-Bohan that utilizes exercise during psychotherapy. Therapy in Motion provides an alternative modality of psychotherapy treatment for mental health clients by administering therapy while running, walking, or stretching outside the office setting.
* Some clients may have a tendency to be less guarded and share more personal information while exercising.
* Research supports physical exercise can be very beneficial for clinically anxious and depressed individuals.
* Exercise can be effective in managing stress and can increase the therapeutic bond between client and psychotherapist.
* Physical exercise is essential for physical, mental, and brain health.
* This is an excellent opportunity to enjoy nature and the outdoors while working on psychological issues.
Types of Services:
* While running and stretching individually with a client
* While run/walk and stretching individually with a client
* While walking and stretching individually with a client
* While running and stretching with a couple
* While run/walk and stretching with a couple
* While walking and stretching with a couple
* While running and stretching in a group with clients
* While run/walk and stretching with a group with clients
* While walking and stretching in a group with clients
Location of Services:
* Office (Initial Assessment, Regular Intervals to Evaluate Treatment, and As Needed)
* Local Trails
* Local Beaches
* Roads of Surrounding Areas of San Diego Office
Please contact Dr. Bantugan-Bohan at 760.652.4035 if you have any questions or to determine if you are a good fit for this program.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
"Beauty is everywhere! Running helps me see it." - Anonymous
"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." - Oprah Winfrey